Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADDY!

For My Father

How do you express in rhythmic words,
feelings with roots such as these?
How do you count with score or leagues
a companionship which runs this deep?
How shall I honor the one who gave,
my yesterday, today, and tomorrow?
"thankyou" is oil to your aqueous ear
and these words I can not just borrow
you let me fly with pidgeons, though raised a dove
when I flew from the window at night
you let me explore the sinful wood
with no owl for wisdom or sight
when I came back soiled from the facade
you opened the window of love
you washed me white with your falling tears
as you said i will always be a dove
How can a peasant repay deeds with gold,
when silver I hath not even?
How can I show you the thanks of my soul
in the midst of such distant season?
you worked to weave an intricate web
sweating through the cycle of the sun
holding it close to my heart when I slept
as it echoed my dreams, you caught every one.
I would give you the world, but this I can not
for you already gave it to me
I dont belong here nor there for long
for home is where you are, and thats where I'll always be.

-me

2 comments:

Mom said...

I can't even state my feelings. This is beautiful...it is a gift when you can say the same words to your own Father that you can also say to God.

Thank you for honoring him so sweetly...what a gift!
I Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

did you write that?