Last night we went down to Il Piccolo Grande Chef (The restaurant right below our apt) and talked to our friend, Camillo. He talked to us ALL night long and was the cutest thing ever. he would bring out his big old dictionary to the table so that he could tell us things. he was trying to ask me what I was studying and I told him "below doctor" in italian bc i didnt know the word for nurse. and he asked me if i was going to be a "purse" haha! it was too cute! he told us that he was our Italian grandfather. And he was telling us about all of the people he has served in his FIFTY years in the restaurant business...Neil Armstrong, the Pope, Frank Sinatra, Eva Gardner, and the list went on. At one point he was talking about his wife but he kept referring to her as his "life" and I thought that was actually kind of profound. He didnt mean to say it like that, but it seems like that what it should be.
Tomorrow we leave for Chinquiterra!!! it should be beautiful. Google it on the internet and you should be able to see some pictures and be jealous ;)
sorry for being so long-hope you all are well!
2 comments:
I am really surprised and a little disappointed you didn't "crash" the film set. I bet Ron Howard would have "discovered" you right on the spot! So glad you are having such a wonderful, fun experience. Continue to be safe...
love you!
lisa m
Yeah. ;)
Post a Comment